About Me

Welcome to Cabbages and Kings- where I will share musings of my life and adventures.

Monday, November 5, 2012

Gratitude

So I've been MIA on here for a while (hehe, get it?) 
The thing is, it turns out October kind of sucked. Don't get me wrong, it had its moments,
but I learned in October that my older sister is fighting breast cancer. My sister is tough as nails
and if anyone can kick cancer's ass it's her, but I took the news pretty hard.
She's young with little kids and thousands of miles away, and I just felt so useless.
And I shut down. For a while. I dealt with everything I had to (it's not like I stopped bathing or anything), but not much more than that.
On top of my few weeks of shutting down, I've been super self-pitying lately.
Remaining jobless is taking a toll on our bank account and seriously limits the number of people I can meet in our new town.

But now it's November, so here's to the month of gratitude!
I'm grateful that my jobless state has the benefit of allowing me to visit my big sister, smother her in hugs and back massages, play with her cute little kiddos, and do her laundry and dishes!
I hope anyone reading this is doing well, but if you're having a sucktastic day I'm sorry. And I hope you can focus on something good and turn it around. (I recommend hot cocoa for crap days.)
Mia

No comments:

Post a Comment