About Me

Welcome to Cabbages and Kings- where I will share musings of my life and adventures.

Wednesday, November 7, 2012

Birthdayday

So this is what 27 feels like, huh??

Yesterday was my birthday and true to form my husband was fantastic!
He woke me up for surprise birthday breakfast (one of my favorite birthday activities),
we met up for leftover pizza at his job, then quickly tried to pull our apartment together
before we hosted friends for a birthday/election/lasagna party.
Basically, it was birthday success!
But as Paul likes to remind me, yesterday was just my birthday-day.
You see, we're seriously celebrators. Why celebrate a birthdayday, when you can celebrate a birthdayweek??
Paul and I are heading to Kansas City this weekend for more celebrating and further birthday surprises!
So far 27 is rocking. Unfortunately I dropped the ball on birthday photos, but here is a photo of Paul and me from last week. I think this picture gives a vague idea of how awesome this husband of mine is!

Photo: Best Halloween costumes EVER!
Oh yeah, I don't know if you noticed, but yesterday was also election day. Paul tells me that my birthday present was democracy. 
More November gratitude: I'm grateful for an amazing and supportive husband and for living in a time and country where I'm able to cast my vote.

No comments:

Post a Comment